Inspiration examples shown
LOCATED AT 609 BANK STREET
609 Market, located at 609 Bank Street, is a total renovation of a 121-year-old, commercial building right in the center of historic Bank Street. Soon to be home to Decatur’s first urban market, 609 Market promises to be the town center of Old Decatur.
609 Market will be new Decatur dining experience, provisions provider and gathering place that encourages community and togetherness, promoting Southern hospitality through creative cuisines, handcrafted spirits and community events.
With our creative take on traditional Southern fare, 609 Market will use the freshest locally sourced ingredients from family farms and U.S. fishermen.
The renovated historic building on Bank Street will feature a rustic, relaxed atmosphere with multiple spaces to gather, including a raw bar, full-service cocktail bar, community tables and a full-service fresh provisions market. Exposed brick and industrial pipe paired with a neutral palette and large scale graphic art will create a warm environment for guests to mingle.
609 Market Partners
Co-Owner, Executive Chef
- 35 years in the food industry
- Executive chef
- Worked and trained overseas in France, Italy and Sweden
- Last 10 years overseeing sales and production in the beef and catfish industry – vice president of sales and production
- Married 19 years and has 2 daughters
- Born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama
- 8 years in the food industry
- Graduated from the French Culinary NYC with a Pastry Arts degree
- Worked in Branson, Kansas City, New York City and Birmingham, Alabama
- 4th generation farmer
- Married 17 years and has twin daughters
- Born and raised on the farm where he lives now and raises Angus cattle